Clean Air Day
May 26, 2014 - 11:24 AM
KAMLOOPS – Join the ECOSmart Team and the CAP Team on Wednesday, June 4, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to celebrate Clean Air Day.
On the 400 Block of Victoria Street, in conjunction with the Downtown Farmer’s Market, a variety of activities, information booths and games for all ages will be offered throughout the day.
At Clean Air Day, you can:
- Check out a transit bus, and learn how to attach a bicycle to the bike rack;
- Discover alternative transportation options;
- Get inside an electric car;
- Learn how to compost;
- Get up close to one of the garbage/recycling trucks and talk to a collector;
- Have fun with kids games and face-painting;
- Learn about Xeriscaping, water conservation and many more ways to be environmentally conscious; and
- Join Mayor Milobar at 1 pm for the planting of a tree.
There will be multiple giveaways and prizes and an opportunity to win a push reel lawn mower!
Clean Air Day is a national event held each year on the first Wednesday of June during Environment Week. Clean Air Day is a focal point for information and action on clean air and climate change issues. The Government of Canada proclaimed Clean Air Day in 1999 in response to requests from community-based environmental, health and transportation groups. Nation-wide activities continue to emphasize a grassroots approach.
For more information on Clean Air Day please visit www.kamloops.ca/environment/cleanairday.shtml
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014