February 27, 2015 - 4:42 PM
KELOWNA - The Government of Canada will provide funding of $30,000 ($15,000 in 2015-16 and $15,000 in 2016-17) to the Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund. This funding will support the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons of the Rotary Centre for the Arts (RCA) Presents Series. The Honourable Ron Cannan, Member of Parliament for Kelowna-Lake Country, announced this support today on behalf of the Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages.
From September to June, the Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Society will showcase its RCA Presents Series, which features dance, theatre, music, comedy and interdisciplinary performances. A variety of community engagement activities will also be offered, including a local Jazz Jam, workshops, school performances, lectures, and pre-show presentations by local artists.
- The Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Society, founded in 1994, is a multidisciplinary visual and performing arts presenter. It manages the Rotary Centre for the Arts on behalf of the City of Kelowna.
- The Centre is the only facility of its kind in the Central Okanagan. It was outfitted, in part, with support from the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund.
- The complex includes the 326-seat Mary Irwin Theatre; a set-building workshop; art, dance and pottery studios; a painting and drawing room; and a rehearsal hall.
- Performances of the RCA Presents Series take place in the 500-seat Rotary Centre for the Arts and the 326-seat Mary Irwin Theatre.
- The Canada Arts Presentation Fund gives Canadians increased access to the variety and richness of Canada's culture through professional arts festivals, presentations of live professional performances and other artistic experiences.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015