Celebrate Auxiliary Day with the Blossom Time Fair
April 30, 2013 - 10:15 AM
On Friday, May 10th the 61st annual Blossom Time Fair is back and this year, it coincides with B.C.’s Auxiliary Day in recognition of their members’ achievement. What better way to celebrate than with a Fair hosted by the five Auxiliaries to the KGH Foundation: Cottonwoods, Kelowna, Peachland, Rutland and Winfield.
The Fair will once again be held at Cottonwoods Care Centre and will run from 9:00am through 1:00pm. Funds this year will support the purchase of equipment and patient care & comfort items for the residents of Cottonwoods.
The Blossom Time Fair truly offers something for everyone:
· Tables selling crafts, collectibles, china, jewelry, antiques, books, puzzles & more
· Plants, flowers and herbs galore with the wisdom and advice of the Okanagan Master Gardeners
· Tons of food – BBQ with hamburgers and hotdogs, cookies, ice cream, home baking and the infamous pies
· Kids’ activities including a fish pond & face painting
· Entertainment by Just Us and The Old Time Fiddlers and lots of laughs from the Caring Clowns
Raffle tickets are also being sold (3 for $5) for cash prizes and a beautiful handmade quilt. Tickets will be available at the Fair or can be purchased in advance from the Centennial Mercantile gift shop in KGH, Cottonwoods Gift Shop, Rutland Thrift Store or Saturdays at the Kelowna Farmer’s Market.
The Auxilians donate countless hours to put this event on with the shared goal of improving care in our community. With 60 years under their belt and a rotation amongst beneficiaries, the Blossom Time Fair has certainly had an impact on many patients’ care throughout the Central Okanagan.
Mark your calendar and help celebrate our local Auxiliaries on Friday, May 10th!
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2013