May 06, 2015 - 7:16 AM
KELOWNA - Three people had to find a new place to stay last night after a house fire forced them from their home in the 200 block of Nickel Road.
Kelowna Fire Department Platoon Capt. Steve Wallick says no one was injured and the three people and a dog were outside the home waiting for firefighters when they arrived. Crews put out the flames on the side of the house and under the eaves. Most of the damage was outside the home and in the attic but the occupants couldn't stay in the home. They were helped by Emergency Social Services and neighbours.
Police and fire investigators are investigating.
"Kelowna Fire Department would like to remind people that only working smoke alarms can save lives," Wallick says.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015