October 16, 2014 - 7:28 AM
PENTICTON - A decision is still pending after crown and defence wrapped up the trial of an alleged sex offender.
Tyrone J. Borba is on trial for charges of sexual assault, sexual interference and invitation to sexual touching of a minor.
Defence counsel Michael Welsh and Crown prosecutor Catherine Crockett presented their final arguments to Justice Catherine Bruce in Penticton Supreme Court Wednesday.
They both recalled witness’ evidence from events that took place near Oliver between 2011 and 2012 when Borba allegedly had a more-than-brotherly relationship with a minor. They recalled events when Borba allegedly had his hand down the victim’s pants, had the victim touch his genitals, and did what the victim called “the butt thing”—when Borba would allegdly convince the victim to engage in anal sex—during his testimony earlier in the trial.
Welsh said the alleged victim’s testimony was full of inconsistencies and the court should consider the easy-going demeanour of the victim during testimony—almost as if he was enjoying it.
However, Crown said the detail of the victim’s testimony and consistencies with his parents’ evidence rule out the possibility of fabrication.
Bruce will announce whether she finds Borba guilty or not guilty at a later date, which will be decided on Monday, Oct. 20.
To contact the reporter for this story, email Meaghan Archer at email@example.com or call 250-488-3065. To contact the editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014