October 03, 2014 - 2:29 PM
KAMLOOPS - The Kamloops Blazers, along with the support of Safeway and CIBC's Run for the Cure will put on the Safeway Breast Cancer Night, in an effort to raise donations for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
The Breast Cancer Night game will take place Oct. 24. Each Blazer on the roster will wear a specially designed jersey to support the event. The jerseys will be up for auction beginning Oct. 1. The blind ballot auction will end on Oct. 24. The bidder with the highest amount will purchase the specific jersey bidded on.
Bidders are asked to prepare to pay the amount represented on a bid. Minimum bids on each jersey are $200.
Further bidding details:
- All bids will stay sealed in the ballot boxes until bidding closes on Oct. 24
- Only one bid per person per jersey is needed unless you have decided you would like to make a higher bid. In the case of multiple bids by the same person on the same jersey, the highest bid will be selected
- If they wish, bidders can bid on more than one jersey with separate ballots
- The highest bidder for each jersey will be contacted by a member of the Blazers staff via telephone or email
- Should the highest bid fall through, the 2nd highest bidder will be contacted, and so on
- Any bid lacking required information will be discarded
- Should two or more people tie for the highest bid, bidding will increase within tied bidders by $50 increments until one bidder remains
- In the event of a player transaction that takes place between October 1 and October 24, bidders will be contacted regarding to decide how to proceed
There are two ways to bid. Patrons attending a game at the Interior Savings Centre can find a ballot box along with entry forms on the east end of the centre.
Email bidding is available. Bidders are requested to submit bids to: BlazersBreastCancerJersey@gmail.com with their first and last name, phone number, player's jersey and bid amount.
To contact a reporter for this story, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 250-319-7494. To contact the editor, email email@example.com or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2014