Attic fire quickly doused in Kelowna

KELOWNA - The quick actions of a homeowner helped firefighters extinguish a fire in the attic of a home on Cascade Place this morning.

The fire started around 5 a.m., Feb. 10, when a light placed in the attic came in contact with some insulation. The homeowner was able to partially douse the flames with water before fire crews arrived.

The rest of the fire was quickly extinguished and there were no injuries. Platoon Capt. Steve Wallick notes the occupants were also not displaced due to fire damage.

In total 15 personnel from the fire department responded with three engines, a rescue truck and a command vehicle, along with ambulance and RCMP personnel.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email or call 250-718-2724.

Reports came in to the RAPP hotline of this buck that was trapped in a volleyball net.
Why our cities and towns are hazardous to deer
KELOWNA - Over the weekend, Conservation Officers rescued a large buck that was became ensnared in a volleyball net. While the image may seem strange, Ken Owens, Conservation Officer in the North Okanagan says it's actually quite commo

Top News