Wet forecast for weekend in the Okanagan with drier days in Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source
Subscribe

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Current Conditions Partly Cloudy  -0.7°C

Kelowna News

Wet forecast for weekend in the Okanagan with drier days in Kamloops

Image Credit: SUBMITTED /B.C. Highway Cams

Rain is forecast to continue through the weekend in the Okanagan, although today, May 5, could be the heaviest.

Kamloops only has a 60% chance of showers today, May 5, with 40% tomorrow then the Environment Canada forecast shows no rain for the rest of the week.

Five to 10 millimetres are forecast to fall in Kelowna and Vernon today and up to 15 mm in Penticton, ending by Friday morning.

While there may be a bit of sunshine in the Okanagan tomorrow morning, the forecast is for it to cloud over by noon with a 60% chance of rain in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 km/hr Friday morning.

There’s a 60-70% chance of rain every day through Monday in the Okanagan with highs forecast today of 11 Celsius, rising to 14 on Friday and Saturday then dropping again.

Kamloops is forecast to reach highs of 17 C today and Friday, with only a slight drop over the weekend before returning to 17 C next week.

Overnight lows are forecast to dip down to 3 C to 4 C in the Okanagan. Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 18 C and lows of 5 C.

Kamloops should be a couple of degrees warmer overnight. Its normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 17 C and lows of 6 C.

Weather reports are not posted at this time of year for the mountain passes but the Kelowna forecast says snow levels will lower to 1,700 metres with up to 10 centimetres possible at those elevations.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Rob Munro or call 250-808-0143 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2022
iNFOnews

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile