McDonald's owner says homeless man was disruptive before
March 02, 2018 - 2:02 PM
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - The owner of a South Carolina McDonald's says the homeless person kicked out of his restaurant in a viral video had been disruptive before.
Joel Pellicci Jr. issued a statement Friday asking people not to rush to judgment about the video of the dispute between his employees and a Myrtle Beach police officer and a person who bought the homeless man a meal.
Pellicci says he has helped people in need in Myrtle Beach for 40 years. But he says the homeless man in the video has threatened the safety of his employees before.
Yossi Gallo, recorded the dispute and uploaded it to Facebook on Wednesday. Gallo said the homeless man didn't ask him for money and he couldn't understand why they couldn't finish their meals.
News from © The Associated Press, 2018