Panetta says no unauthorized info given to makers of bin Laden movie - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Cloudy
5.0°C

Panetta says no unauthorized info given to makers of bin Laden movie

June 14, 2012 - 1:14 AM

WASHINGTON - Defence Secretary Leon Panetta says no unauthorized information was provided to filmmakers producing a movie on the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

Panetta, the former CIA director, told the Senate on Wednesday that there is a Defence Department office that works with movie producers.

But he insisted that no one in the department released any unauthorized material.

Republican Rep. Peter King of New York has argued that the CIA and Pentagon jeopardized national security by co-operating too closely with director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal.

The two won Academy Awards for the motion picture "The Hurt Locker."

Last month, King cited documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act request.

He said the filmmakers received "extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration" from the Obama administration.

News from © The Associated Press, 2012
The Associated Press

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile