Take the Kelowna Hidden Gems Park Challenge
Contributed/City of Kelowna
Priest Creek Linear Park.
Image Credit: City of Kelowna via Twitter
July 31, 2015 - 3:30 PM
KELOWNA - The City of Kelowna is home to more than 200 parks and green spaces with an abundance of amenities — there’s something for everyone.
Over the past six weeks, the city has shared some parks it considers to be ‘hidden gems’ via social media. Now, residents are invited to partake in the fun. Snap a picture while enjoying some time at a favourite hidden gem park and be entered to win a prize package valued at more than $250.
Participants could take a picture of themselves at Stuart Park or City Park, or another popular and well-known park, but we want to unearth and highlight some hidden gems. Need some inspiration? Visit our parks List at kelowna.ca/parks, pick a new park to visit, and go.
“Our parks are a huge asset to our community and quality of life,” Ian Wilson, Park Services Manager, says. “We want to encourage residents to get out and explore the various parks the City has to offer and identify some hidden gems of their own — and have some fun doing it.”
Here’s how to enter the draw:
- Follow @CityofKelowna on Instagram.
- Post a photo of a “hidden gem” park to Instagram with the hashtag #KelownaParks and a caption telling us where it is and what’s to love about that park.
- Everyone is eligible to enter… as long as they’re out having fun at a City park. The photo must be taken at the park.
- Participants can post as many photos as they like using the hashtag but they will only be entered once in the draw.
- Participants’ Instagram setting should be set to “public” so we can see the photo with the hashtag.
- Note: participants who do not have an Instagram account can follow the same steps above but post the photo, with the hashtag, to our Facebook page or send us a tweet to our @CityofKelowna Twitter account.
The contest runs from July 28 until Aug. 28. The winner of the #KelownaParks hidden gems contest will be drawn on Aug. 31, and they will be contacted via their Instagram (or other social media) account. Full contest details can also be found at kelowna.ca/parks.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015