Suspect in Penticton homicide released from custody
Penticton RCMP on the scene of a homicide investigation on Woodlands Drive, Monday, June 12, 2017.
(STEVE ARSTAD / iNFOnews.ca)
June 13, 2017 - 10:04 AM
PENTICTON - Penticton RCMP have released a woman considered a suspect in connection with yesterday's murder in the city.
Police were called to a Woodlands Drive residence just after 5 a.m. yesterday, June 12, following a call about a sudden death.
Cpl. Don Wrigglesworth says a 63-year-old man was the victim of the homicide. His next of kin have not been contacted yet.
"After consultation with Crown counsel, the woman has been released from custody without process at this time," Wrigglesworth says.
He says the victim and the suspect were known to each other and had been in a relationship, calling the homicide an isolated incident.
"Public safety is not an issue in this matter and our investigation is ongoing."
Yesterday’s homicide was the second in Penticton this year, and the third in 2017 under investigation by the Penticton RCMP detachment.
The body of a man was found near White Lake Observatory on Jan. 27.
Police are also investigating a shooting on Creston Avenue in Penticton that resulted in a man's death on April 26.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017