Space heater fire sends one to Kelowna hospital | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions


Kelowna News

Space heater fire sends one to Kelowna hospital

November 19, 2015 - 6:35 AM

KELOWNA - An early morning fire caused extensive smoke damage and sent one person to hospital yesterday.

Kelowna Fire Department was called to a furnace fire in the 700-block of Coronation Avenue around 3 a.m., Nov. 18. When they arrived they found fire inside the entrance of a carriage house and were able to quickly knock down the flames.

Fire damage was limited to the front entrance but smoke damage extended throughout the residence. One person was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

Following an investigation it was determined the fire was caused by a space heater igniting a stack of papers piled in front of it.

In total, three engines, one command vehicle and a rescue truck, along with 15 personnel, responded to the fire.

Credit: Google Maps

To contact a reporter for this story, email John McDonald at or call 250-808-0143. To contact the editor, email or call 250-718-2724.

News from © iNFOnews, 2015

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile