Snow possible in Vernon, Kelowna tonight

The Okanagan could get its first taste of winter tonight.

The Environment Canada forecast calls for a 30 per cent chance of rain showers or wet flurries tonight, Oct. 12, and tomorrow morning in Vernon and Kelowna. It looks like Kamloops and Penticton will catch a break, with no snow in the forecast for those cities.

After Kelowna and Vernon get past the showers or wet flurries, the weekend will be mainly cloudy with high temperatures around 10 Celsius.

There is a 30 per cent chance of showers late this afternoon in Penticton becoming a 70 per cent chance of showers overnight. The snow level is dropping to 700 metres. The remainder of the weekend will likely be cloudy with highs around 11 C.

In Kamloops, the forecast calls for a mainly cloudy day today with a high of 10 C. There's a 30 per cent chance of showers late this evening and overnight with the snow level falling to 700 metres.

For the weekend, expect a mix of sun and cloud in Kamloops with highs of 11 C on Saturday and 14 C on Sunday.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Taylor Rae or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 


jonesie
JONESIE: What the battle for Kelowna mayor is really all about
  OPINION Kelowna residents have a choice for mayor but I think there's something else going on from the two main campaigns. Revenge, perhaps.  When Colin Basran was first elected as councillor, he was su

Top News