Showers and snow give way to sunshine this weekend in Kamloops and the Okanagan | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Current Conditions Partly Cloudy  -1.0°C

Kelowna News

Showers and snow give way to sunshine this weekend in Kamloops and the Okanagan

There’s a risk of a couple of centimetres of snow over the Okanagan Connector and Kootenay mountain passes early tomorrow morning, Sept. 29.

An upper trough will bring cool and unsettled weather with the snow level dropping to 1,500 metres, according to a special weather statement issued by Environment Canada this morning.

In the valley bottoms, there’s a 60% chance of showers in Kamloops today with a risk of an afternoon thunderstorm.

The high temperature today and tomorrow is forecast to be 16 Celsius with overnight lows of 5-6 C. There is a 30% chance of showers Friday.

The weekend is forecast to be sunny in Kamloops with a high of 17 C on Saturday, rising to 19 C on Sunday.

There’s a 60% chance of showers and a risk of an afternoon thunderstorm in the Okanagan today with a high of 14 C. There is a 40% chance of showers Friday in Vernon and Kelowna but Penticton should be dry.

Overnight lows range from 4-6 C.

Saturday brings a mix of sun and cloud to the Okanagan with a high of 15 C while Sunday is forecast to be sunny with a high of 18 C.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Rob Munro or call 250-808-0143 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. SUBSCRIBE to our awesome newsletter here.

News from © iNFOnews, 2023

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile