Shortlist announced for patient care tower construction
Image Credit: Stock photo
February 25, 2015 - 4:22 PM
PENTICTON - A list of six companies with potential to work on the patient care tower at Penticton General Hospital has been whittled down to three, inching the project closer to completion.
Phase one of the project is to design, build, partially finance and maintain the new patient care tower for a term of 30 years, post construction, according to a media release.
“Today’s request for proposals announcement brings us yet another step closer to starting construction on the new patient care tower,” Penticton MLA Dan Ashton said in the release. “This project has been a major focus for myself, members of the South Okanagan and Similkameen along with families and health-care workers. It is exciting that we are taking another concrete step towards improved care for the region.”
The new patient care tower will include a surgical services centre, an ambulatory care centre, 84 surgical in-patient beds in single patient rooms, a new medical device reprocessing unit and room for the University of B.C. Faculty of Medicine program.
The six original candidates applied by the Nov. 6 deadline and the announcement of the short list came in December 2014. The final choice is expected to be chosen in early 2016.
Team: EllisDon Infrastructure
· Respondent Team Lead: EllisDon Capital Inc.
· Equity Providers: EllisDon Capital Inc., Ontario Pension Board
· Design-Builder: EllisDon
· Architect: Parkin Architects Limited
· Service Provider: Cofely Services Inc., EllisDon Facility Services Inc.
Team: Plenary Health
· Respondent Team Lead: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd
· Equity Providers: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd, PCL Investments Canada Inc.
· Design-Builder: PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.
· Architect: CEI Architecture
· Service Provider: Johnson Controls Canada L.P.
Team: Tandem Health Partners
· Respondent Team Lead: Gracorp Capital Partners LP, Balfour Beatty Investments, LP
· Equity Providers: Gracorp Capital Partners LP, Balfour Beatty Investments, LP
· Design-Builder: Graham Design Builders LP
· Architect: Stantec
· Service Provider: Balfour Beatty Communities, LP, Ainsworth Inc.
To contact a reporter for this story, email email@example.com, call 250-488-3065. To contact the managing editor, email Marshall Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-718-2724.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2015