Proof of vaccination now required at some city facilities in Okanagan, Kamloops | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Partly Cloudy

Kamloops News

Proof of vaccination now required at some city facilities in Okanagan, Kamloops

September 13, 2021 - 7:00 PM

COVID-19 vaccine proof is now required to use some municipal facilities in the Okanagan and Kamloops.

Across the region, cities are implementing vaccine requirements to attend certain events and facilities, but there are some exceptions.

In Penticton, West Kelowna, Vernon and Kamloops, proof of vaccines will not be required to enter city hall or attend council meetings, libraries or outdoor city facilities.

READ MORE: COVID restrictions eased in Interior Health as mandatory vaccinations announced for B.C. health-care workers

The City of Kelowna has not released a full list of city facilities where vaccine proof will required or not, but in accordance with B.C. public health orders, council meetings, for example, are required to remain open to everyone wishing to attend.

As of Sept. 13, people in B.C. will be required to show proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine to use certain services, according to provincial health orders. In an attempt to boost immunizations across the province, the order will be changed on Oct. 24, when proof of vaccinations must then show two doses.

Sporting events in like tournaments or WHL games in Penticton, West Kelowna, Vernon and Kamloops will be require vaccine proof for spectators.

Except for Vernon, parents and adults supporting children will be permitted to watch the sporting events without vaccine proof.

READ MORE: Here’s how to get your B.C. COVID-19 vaccination card

In order to use certain fitness facilities, like pools and fitness gyms, vaccine proof will be required for adults. 

In West Kelowna and Vernon, anyone 21-years-old or younger will be exempt from having to provide their vaccination status upon entry. In Kamloops and Penticton, this rule applies to youth who are 18 or younger.

For a more fulsome list from the City of Kamloops, go to its website here.

For more information about the City of West Kelowna go here.

More information is available at the City of Penticton website here.

See the City of Vernon website here for more information.

READ MORE: Kamloops restaurant owner in lose-lose situation with B.C. COVID-19 vaccine card

To contact a reporter for this story, email Levi Landry or call 250-819-3723 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2021

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile