Penticton hit with light snow, hail | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source
Subscribe

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Current Conditions Mainly Clear  8.7°C

Penticton hit with light snow, hail

A bit of hail hit Penticton this afternoon. Earlier today the city was lightly dusted with snow.

By Shannon Quesnel

Penticton's weather is changing rapidly today with cold winds, snow, then cloudy skies then hail. Then some sun. Then back to lightly falling hail.

Environment Canada called for a few wet flurries today ending near noon. It was hailing by 2:10 p.m.

Penticton residents on Twitter were commenting on the up-and-down weather pattern. Environment Canada meteorologist Matt MacDonald said this weather is not atypical for spring.

MacDonald said a “really unstable air mass” had moved over the area and added outside storm conditions were responsible.

He also called the weekend's weather “pretty interesting” with a high of 17 C on Friday and a lightning storm in Kelowna on Saturday.

For the rest of the week Environment Canada said it will be mainly sunny on Tuesday with a high of 10 C. On Wednesday there is a 40 per cent chance of rain. Thursday's chances of rain climb to 60 per cent. Friday's forecast is sunny with clouds and a high of 7 C. Saturday and Sunday are neck-and-neck with both days calling for sunny with clouds and a high of 11 C.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Shannon Quesnel at squesnel@infotelnews.ca or call 250-488-3065.

News from © iNFOnews, 2013
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile