Current Conditions

6.4°C

Penticton fire crews put out early morning balcony fire

Penticton RCMP and firefighters were called to a balcony fire on Brunswick Street this morning, Oct. 10, 2017.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED/Skylar Noe-Vack
October 10, 2017 - 11:21 AM

PENTICTON - A cigarette butt sparked a balcony fire in Penticton early this morning.

Firefighters and police were called to apartment complex at 320 Brunswick St. at approximately 4:45 a.m today, Oct. 10, to find a fire burning on the balcony of one of the units.

Crews were able to knock down the flames quickly, confining the fire to the balcony.

RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Don Wrigglesworth says the fire is suspected to have started from a cigarette butt tossed into a potted plant on the balcony.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular vernon News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile