No summer feel in Okanagan weekend weather forecast

A rainy and cool weekend is in store for residents of the Okanagan.
Image Credit: FILE PHOTO

OKANAGAN - Okanagan residents should prepare for a wet, cool weekend.

Environment Canada meteorologist Armel Castellan says a large upper trough is extending its way through central B.C. today, Sept. 13, and it is expected to bring more rain and cool temperatures to the Okanagan through the weekend.

“It’s going to be dreary for this time of year. There won’t be that remnant summer feel to the weather this weekend,” Castellan says.

The forecast calls for a cloudy day today in the Okanagan with a 60 per cent chance of showers in Vernon and Kelowna, and a 40 per cent chance of precipitation in Penticton. The mercury will creep up to 18 Celsius today in the valley with a risk of a thundershower this afternoon and tonight in Kelowna and Penticton.

You can expect much of the same for tomorrow, with showers, a risk of a thundershowers and highs around 18 C in Vernon, Kelowna and Penticton.

The weekend promises to be showery and cool up and down the valley, with highs of around 14 C on Saturday and 15 C on Sunday.

Normal high temperatures for this time of year in the Okanagan are around 20 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 


letters-to-the-editor
ALBAS: A path to a clean environment
  OPINION I was recently honoured to be named as the Opposition Shadow Minister for Innovation, Science, Economic Development and Internal Trade. This new role is one I take very seriously and I would like to brie

Top News