Kamloops's weekend weather could make for slippery road conditions - InfoNews

Current Conditions

12.4°C

Kamloops's weekend weather could make for slippery road conditions

There's a chance of flurries or rain showers for Kamloops into this weekend as temperatures hover around the freezing mark which could mean slippery roads for commuters.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
December 05, 2019 - 11:19 AM

Slippery roads are in the forecast this weekend in Kamloops thanks to a chance of flurries along with daily high temperatures above the freezing mark and overnight lows dipping below 0 Celsius.

Environment Canada meteorologist Doug Lundquist says the “mix of everything” in the weekend forecast for Kamloops could create some slippery conditions.

“It’s a tricky weather pattern for commuters,” Lundquist says.

The weather office says the wind should become east at 20 km/h this afternoon, Dec. 5, in Kamloops with a high of -2 C and a wind chill of -9 C. There's a 60 per cent chance of flurries overnight with the temperature steady near -2 C.

Friday’s forecast is for clouds and a 60 per cent chance of flurries in the morning with the wind becoming east at 20 km/h in the afternoon. Friday’s high should reach 2 C. Friday night is expected to be cloudy with a 40 per cent chance of rain or snow flurries with a low of 1 C.

Clouds and a 60 per cent chance of showers are forecast for Saturday along with a high of 5 C. Clouds and a 60 per cent chance of showers continue into Saturday night with a low of -4 C.

The sun is expected to return on Sunday with a high of 2 C and a low of -5 C.

Sunny skies are expected Monday as well with a high of -2 C and a low of -5 C.

Clouds return on Tuesday with a high of 0 C and a low of -3 C overnight.

Wednesday is expected to be cloudy as well, with a high reaching -1 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year in Kamloops are highs of 1 C and lows of -5 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2019
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile