Fourth Penticton homicide of 2017 unreported by RCMP
Adam Proskiw - Reporter
December 22, 2017 - 4:00 PM
PENTICTON – Penticton's top cop says they have been keeping a fourth homicide from the public since “earlier this year.”
RCMP Supt. Ted De Jager says in addition to the three known homicides that occurred in Penticton in 2017, a fourth is also under investigation.
He doesn't say when in 2017 the murder happened.
“As for the fourth (homicide) which occurred earlier this year, and not last night as some people were erroneously led to believe, there is nothing further to release on this matter," De Jager says. "There is no nexus to public safety and the integrity of the investigation outweighs the need to notify the public of the particulars."
De Jager says the RCMP will put out a full release if charges are approved.
RCMP have not said where in Penticton the murder happened or if there is a suspect.
The identity of the homicide victim has not been released.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw or call 250-718-0428 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017