Nigella Lawson says she's moving on after 'mortifying' courtroom claims about her private life - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
2.0°C

Nigella Lawson says she's moving on after 'mortifying' courtroom claims about her private life

In this photo provided by ABC, Amy Robach, left, hosts the cast of "The Taste," from left, Nigella Lawson, Marcus Samuelsson, Anthony Bourdain, and Ludo Lefebvre, on "Good Morning America," at the ABC studio Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014, in New York. Lawson testified last month at the fraud trial of two former aides, who were ultimately acquitted of funding a luxury lifestyle with credit cards loaned to them by Lawson and her ex-husband Charles Saatchi. (AP Photo/ABC, Heidi Gutman)
January 02, 2014 - 7:03 AM

LONDON - Nigella Lawson says having her private life raked over in a London courtroom was "mortifying" but she is putting the case behind her.

The celebrity cook testified last month at the fraud trial of two former aides, who were ultimately acquitted of funding a luxury lifestyle with credit cards loaned by Lawson and her ex-husband Charles Saatchi.

The trial was overshadowed by allegations about the domestic life of Lawson and Saatchi, including claims that Lawson regularly used cocaine.

She denies regular drug use.

Lawson told "Good Morning America" on Thursday "to have not only your private life but distortions of your private life put on display is mortifying."

But, she added, "since then I've eaten a lot of chocolate, had a very good Christmas and am into the New Year."

News from © The Associated Press, 2014
The Associated Press

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile