Dinner interrupted at Theo's Restaurant as chimney fire erupts

Smoke emanates from the chimney at Theo's Restaurant in Penticton following a fire this evening, Jan. 12, 2017.

PENTICTON  - Restaurant patrons in a well known downtown Penticton restaurant had their meals interrupted for a short period this evening.

Penticton firefighters were called to Theo’s Restaurant at 687 Main Street around 6:30 p.m., Jan. 12, to calls of a chimney fire.

Patrons were still in the restaurant when fire crews arrived. They were able to extinguish the blaze, which they were able to contain to the chimney flue.

Fire Captain Ray Simpson said the fire had the potential to spread.

Two engines attended the scene.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

GEORGE: The liberty and liability of employee drug testing
  OPINION Once again the federal government finds itself investigating the possibility of bringing forward legislation to test workers for drug use if their impairment would jeopardize public safety. It has come up in c

Top News