Clouds, rain and more seasonable temperatures in the Okanagan forecast | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

1.9°C

Penticton News

Clouds, rain and more seasonable temperatures in the Okanagan forecast

It's going to feel more like fall this weekend in the Okanagan.
October 09, 2020 - 8:40 AM

Okanagan residents can expect more fall-like weather conditions to make their way into the valley in time for Thanksgiving weekend.

Environment Canada says the Okanagan should see a mix of conditions, with temperatures retreating to seasonal values over the weekend and into next week.

Today, Oct. 9, in the valley it should be mainly cloudy with a few showers expected in Vernon and a 40 per cent chance of showers in Kelowna and Penticton, along with southwest winds at 30 km/h gusting to 50 early this afternoon.

Today’s high should reach 18 Celsius in Vernon, 19 C in Kelowna and 21 C in Penticton, with mainly cloudy skies and a 30 per cent chance of showers in Vernon and Kelowna, and a 70 per cent chance of showers in Penticton persisting into the evening.

Periods of rain are expected to begin after midnight in Vernon and Kelowna, with winds southwest at 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light later in the evening,

Tonight’s low should dip to 11 C in Vernon, 12 C in Kelowna and 14 C in Penticton.

Saturday should see clouds with a 60 per cent chance of showers and risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon.

Winds are expected from the southwest at 40 km/h gusting to 60 around noon.

Saturday’s high should reach 14 C in Vernon, 15 C in Kelowna and 16 C in Penticton, followed by a 60 per cent chance of showers overnight and a low of 5 C.

A mix of sun and cloud is in store for Sunday, with a high of 14 C and a low of 7 C.

Thanksgiving Monday is expected to be showery with a high of 12 C and a low of 5 C.

There’s more rain forecast for Tuesday, with a high of 9 C and a  low of 6 C overnight, along with a 60 per cent chance of showers in to the evening.

Wednesday should see clouds and a 60 per cent chance of showers with a high of 13 C.

A 60 per cent chance of showers continues overnight Wednesday with a low down to 6C.

Thursday, expect a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 15 C.

Vernon, Kelowna and Penticton’s normal high and low for this time of year is 13 C and 3 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile