Ceiling fan likely sparked Kelowna house fire | Kelowna News | iNFOnews

Current Conditions


Kelowna News

Ceiling fan likely sparked Kelowna house fire

A ceiling fan in a bathroom likely sparked a small fire at a home on Arrowhead Court in East Kelowna, Monday, April 20, 2015.
April 20, 2015 - 3:27 PM

KELOWNA – A Kelowna family is looking for somewhere else to sleep tonight after a fire broke out in the ceiling above a bathroom in their home this afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the small blaze at 2235 Arrowhead Crt. in East Kelowna at about 2:37 p.m., April 20.

Platoon Capt. Eric Simpson says everyone who was home at the time got out of the house safely. He says there were four adults, one child and a dog.

Simpson says it looks like the ceiling fan in the bathroom started the fire, although investigators have not confirmed that.

Gas and hydro have been turned off and the family may not be able to return to their home tonight.

Credit: Google Maps

To contact the reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw at aproskiw@infonews.ca or call 250-718-0428. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.

News from © iNFOnews, 2015

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile