Attic fire caused by faulty wiring forces Kelowna couple from home

KELOWNA – Two people had to find somewhere else to sleep last night after a late night fire started in their attic.

Kelowna Fire Department crews were called to a home on Temple Court around 10 p.m. yesterday, May 4, to a report smoke was coming from the attic, according to a media release.

Platoon Capt. Scott Clarke says the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring and is not suspicious.

The two residents who were displaced found accommodations with their landlord and Emergency Social Services.

“The Kelowna Fire Department would like to remind everyone to check your smoke alarms,” Clarke says in the release. “Working smoke alarms save lives.”


To contact a reporter for this story, email Adam Proskiw or call 250-718-0428 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 


This image released by Lionsgate shows Julia Roberts, left, and Owen Wilson in a scene from "Wonder."
MOVIE REVIEW: 'Wonder' is a sweetly sincere message movie
  OPINION It's hard for us cynical souls to walk into a movie advertised with the tagline "Choose kindness" and not shudder in trepidation. What sentimental hooey is this? What new hellish circle of cheese

Top News