A mixed bag of weather in the Okanagan this weekend - InfoNews

Current Conditions

1.8°C

A mixed bag of weather in the Okanagan this weekend

It was sunny in Kelowna's Waterfront Park, Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017.
November 30, 2017 - 11:31 AM

OKANAGAN - Just about every type of weather can expected in the Okanagan this weekend as temperatures remain a few degrees above normal for this time of year.

The forecast from Environment Canada calls for clouds on Saturday, a chance of showers or flurries that night, with a mix of sun and cloud on Sunday.

Expect periods of rain with a high of 3 Celsius today, Nov. 30, in Kelowna and Vernon. Penticton, on the other hand, will see a high of 5 C with a 60 per cent chance of showers. There is a 40 per cent chance of showers overnight with a low around 0 C.

It will be mainly cloudy tomorrow in the Okanagan with a 30 per cent chance of showers during the day, and a high of around 4 C. Overnight expect a 60 per cent chance of showers with a low of -2 C.

Forecasters expect a cloudy day on Saturday with a high of 2 C. That night plan for cloudy skies with 60 per cent chance of rain showers or flurries.

A mix of sun and cloud and a high of 2 C are predicted on Sunday across the Okanagan, with cloudy periods and a low of -4 C overnight.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 0 C and lows of -5 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Taylor Rae or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular vernon News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile