Your Kamloops weekend forecast: Rain, rain and more rain | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
9.3°C

Kamloops News

Your Kamloops weekend forecast: Rain, rain and more rain

Kamloops residents can expect to see a few raindrops over the next few days.
Image Credit: ADOBE STOCK
June 11, 2020 - 1:00 PM

There are three more days and nights of showers in the Kamloops forecast before things start looking a little brighter, but the cool start to June is expected to continue.

Unsettled conditions are prevalent in other parts of the country too, as Ontario was hit by widespread, severe thunderstorms last night that brought strong winds and heavy rain to many parts of the province, leaving thousands without power.

In Alberta, The Weather Network reports stormy conditions are expected to return to the province on Friday and Saturday, following a brief hot spell that could see temperatures as high as 28 Celsius in Edmonton on Saturday before the prospect of severe thunderstorms develop Saturday evening.

Today in Kamloops, Environment Canada says to expect cloudy skies with a 40 per cent chance of showers, rising to 60 per cent this evening.

Winds should be east at 20km/h with a high of 21 C and a low of 14 C.

More clouds are in store for Friday with a 30 per cent chance of showers beginning in the morning, rising to 40 per cent Friday night.

Winds should become east at 20 km/h in the afternoon, with a high of 21 C and a low of 9 C.

Saturday looks like it could be damp, with a 40 per cent chance of showers, dropping to 30 per cent on Saturday evening.

Saturday’s high should reach 18 C with a  low of 12 C.

Sunday is expected to be mainly sunny with a high of 24 C and a low to 10 C.

More clouds are anticipated Monday, with a high of 20 C and a low of 12 C.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, expect a mix of sun and cloud and highs of 20 C and 22 C respectively.

Kamloops’ normal average high and low for mid June is 25 C and 11 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile