Wet weekend ahead for the Okanagan | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Clear
9.9°C

Penticton News

Wet weekend ahead for the Okanagan

Clouds and showers are expected right through the weekend in the Okanagan.
October 17, 2019 - 2:00 PM

Okanagan residents may want to keep an umbrella handy over the next few days, as clouds and showers are in the forecast right through the rest of the week and into the weekend.

Environment Canada meteorologist Doug Lundquist says a series of storms crossing into the B.C. Interior will bring unsettled conditions to the Okanagan for the next few days but temperatures should be relatively mild and there may be a few sunny breaks in between the expected clouds and rain.

The forecast calls for a 40 per cent chance of showers in Penticton and Kelowna, and a 60 per cent chance in Vernon today, Oct. 17. Winds are expected to become south at 20 km/h gusting to 50 km/h. Today’s high should reach 13 Celsius in Kelowna and Vernon, and 15 C in Penticton, with a low dipping to 6 C in all three cities. There is a 60 per cent chance of showers overnight.

Tomorrow is expected to be mainly cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of showers in Vernon and Kelowna, and a 40 per cent chance in Penticton in the afternoon. The snow level is expected to drop to 1,300 metres in the valley with winds becoming south at 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the morning. Tomorrow’s high should reach 12 C in Vernon and Kelowna, 15 C in Penticton, with a low of 5 C overnight under cloudy conditions with a 70 per cent chance of showers.

Clouds with a 70 per cent chance of showers are in Saturday’s forecast along with a high of 8 C and a low of 3 C.

Clouds and showers continue for Sunday with a 40 per cent chance of showers through the day rising to 60 per cent through Sunday night. Sunday’s high is expected to reach 10 C with a low of 4 C.

More rain is anticipated for Monday with a high of 8 C and a low of 4 C.

Tuesday is expected to be cloudy with a high of 12 C, with a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 12 C in the forecast for Wednesday.

Normal temperatures for this time of year in the Okanagan are highs of 11 C and lows of 2 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2019
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile