Weekend weather in the Okanagan could make things slippery underfoot - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Mainly Sunny
6.3°C

Weekend weather in the Okanagan could make things slippery underfoot

A mix of clouds, showers, snow flurries and sunshine are in the Okanagan forecast for the next few days, with temperatures hovering around the freezing mark.
December 05, 2019 - 11:36 AM

The first weekend of December is bringing a wide variety of weather to the Okanagan.

Environment Canada meteorologist Doug Lundquist says there is a “chance of everything” over the weekend in the Okanagan as temperatures hover around the freezing mark.

He advises those moving about to use caution as roads, sidewalks and pathways could be very slippery over the next few days.

“It’s a tricky weather pattern for commuters,” Lundquist says.

In Kelowna today, Dec. 5, it should be a mainly cloudy day with a 60 per cent chance of flurries late this afternoon and a high of 0 Celsius.

There is a 40 per cent chance of flurries in Vernon today with the temperature steady at -1 C, while in Penticton, you can expect a 40 per cent chance of flurries or showers and a high of 3 C.

Periods of light snow are forecast tonight for Kelowna and Vernon with the temperature remaining steady at -1 C. Penticton could see rain or snow flurries tonight with a low of 2 C.

Tomorrow should be cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of flurries in the morning in Vernon and Kelowna, along with a south wind at 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the afternoon. There is a 40 per cent chance of rain showers or snow flurries in Penticton. A high of 3 C is expected in Kelowna, a high of 4 C in Vernon and a high of 6 C in Penticton. The forecast calls for clouds overnight tomorrow in the Okanagan with a 60 per cent chance of showers or flurries and a low of 1 C.

The clouds remain on Saturday in the valley along with a 30 per cent chance of showers and a high of 4 C. Overnight Saturday there is a 60 per cent chance of showers with the low dipping to -7 C.

The sun is expected to return on Sunday with a high to 0 C. Clear conditions are forecast overnight with a low to -7 C.

The sun should continue into Monday with a high to -2 C. Clouds are expected to roll in Monday night with a low of -4 C.

Cloudy skies are also forecast for Tuesday with a high of -1 C and a low of -4 C.

There is a 60 per cent chance of flurries Wednesday with a high of 0 C.

Normal temperatures this time of year in the Okanagan are highs of 0 C and lows of -6 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2019
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile