Fire on Louisiana State University campus injures 3 workers
November 03, 2017 - 12:22 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. - A spokeswoman for Louisiana State University says three workers were injured when an "electrical issue" sparked a fire that prompted the evacuation of the university's law school.
LSU spokeswoman Alison Satake says an LSU maintenance worker and two subcontractors were taken to a Baton Rouge hospital Friday morning for treatment of burns. The Baton Rouge Fire Department said in statement that two of the workers were released from the hospital, while the other remained under "observation" on Friday afternoon.
Satake says no students were injured, but the Paul M. Hebert Law Center was evacuated and a road outside the building was closed.
The fire department says the fire was contained to an electrical box.
News from © The Associated Press, 2017