Two treated for burns after early morning bedroom blaze in Oliver
January 12, 2017 - 10:06 AM
OLIVER - Two people were rushed to hospital after a house fire early this morning in Oliver.
Rob Graham with the Oliver Fire and Rescue says crews were called to the home on Road 18 at about 3:30 a.m., Jan. 12. He says occupants of the building were able to douse the blaze prior to their arrival.
He says two residents were transported to South Okanagan General Hospital for treatment of second and third degree burns. Their condition is believed to be stable.
Fire damage was contained to a box spring and mattress, and smoke damage to the bedroom.
Graham says the fire department remained on scene to check for hot spots and ensure the fire was out.
The investigation into the fire continues, but Graham says smoking is believed to be the cause.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017