Thefts from cars up in Kamloops as weather warms
Image Credit: Shutterstock
May 08, 2017 - 6:30 PM
KAMLOOPS - RCMP are giving Kamloops residents a heads up about increased car thefts.
Police say as the weather warms thieves are more likely to strike at night and extend their hours of operation to times they’re less likely to be seen.
RCMP have already seen an increase in the number of thefts from vehicles in the past couple of weeks, according to a media release.
Kamloops RCMP have some tips to help protect the stuff in your car:
1) Do not leave valuables in your vehicle if at all avoidable.
2) If you must leave items in your vehicle lock or stow them away and out of sight.
3) Ensure your vehicle is locked at all times that it is unattended.
4) Park in well-lit areas if at all possible.
5) Utilize anti-theft devices if feasible.
Police officers are tracking the thefts and are planning counter measures.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Brendan Kergin or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017