The Okanagan is headed for a grey, mild and damp weekend - InfoNews

Current Conditions

1.0°C

The Okanagan is headed for a grey, mild and damp weekend

Image Credit: FILE PHOTO
January 19, 2017 - 11:00 AM

OKANAGAN - The Okanagan will spend the next seven days bobbing between -3 Celsius and 6 C as clouds fill the sky and the odd flurry or shower sprinkles the region.

Today, Jan. 19, we can expect a high of 3 C with a 40 per cent of showers starting around lunchtime and clouds throughout the day in the North Okanagan. Kelowna and the Central Okanagan will be a little warmer at 5 C and get to see a little of the sun, with a 30 per cent chance of showers. The South Okanagan will also be around 5 C, but no significant sunshine is expected, though there is a 40 per cent of showers.

The clouds will stay with us into the night, as the temperature drops to 0 C  in the North and Central Okanagan, while the South Okanagan will stay positive at 2 C. There’s a 30 to 40 per cent chance of flurries or showers overnight across the whole region.

Tomorrow the high temperature will reach 4 C in Vernon, 5 C in Kelowna and 6 C in Penticton. Again the Central Okanagan will be the sunny area, with clouds and precipitation expected in the North and South Okanagan. In the evening, it’ll drop back down to -1 C with a 30 per cent chance of flurries and cloudy periods for the whole Okanagan Valley.

Saturday won’t be much different, with a cloudy day in store and a 30 per cent chance of rain or snow flurries. The high will be around 2 C during the day and 0 C at night.

Sunday will be similar, with a high of 3 C and 40 per cent chance of showers. Sunday night we may see a bit more falling from the sky, with a 60 per cent chance of precipitation and the temperature dropping to a low of -1 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 0 C and lows of -5 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Brendan Kergin or call 250-819-6089 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular vernon News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile