The heat returns to Kamloops to finish work week but rain is forecast for weekend | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

1.5°C

Kamloops News

The heat returns to Kamloops to finish work week but rain is forecast for weekend

You might need these items in Kamloops in the coming days, but not on the weekend, when Environment Canada says to expect showery conditions.
June 18, 2020 - 10:06 AM

After a cool and wet first half of June, Kamloops residents can prepare to enjoy more summery conditions over the next week, but unfortunately not this weekend.

The forecast calls for a daytime high temperature of 30 Celsius today, June 18, and 28 C tomorrow, with the only showers over the next few days expected on – you guessed it – the weekend.

Still, Kamloops is faring better than other parts of British Columbia, which could receive 200 per cent of their normal June rainfall, according to The Weather Network. Victoria has received 116 per cent of its total amount of rain for June so far, while Kelowna is currently at 107 per cent of normal, with a forecast calling for rain on the weekend in that Okanagan city.

Environment Canada says today should be mainly sunny in Kamloops with a high to 30 C and a low of 14 C.

Friday should see mainly cloudy skies, a high of 28 C and a low of 17 C.

There is a 40 per cent chance of showers Saturday with a high of 26 C and a low of 15 C, with a 60 per cent chance of showers overnight.

Showers continue into Sunday with a high of 21 C. There is a 60 per cent chance of showers overnight along with a low of 13 C.

Skies begin to clear Monday with a mix of sun and cloud in the forecast, a high of 26 C and a low of 15 C.

Tuesday and Wednesday things start to heat up again, with a mix of sun and cloud, with highs of 30 C both days.

Overnight lows include 15 C on Tuesday under cloudy skies, and 17 C Wednesday, again under cloudy skies.

Normal temperatures this time of year in Kamloops are highs of 26 C and lows of 12 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile