Survey says folks like the City of Penticton
Image Credit: (SOURCE: City of Penticton)
December 04, 2012 - 12:06 PM
Quality of life in Penticton is great according to a majority of those who took part in a 2012 Citizen Survey.
The City initiated the survey to establish a baseline of citizen satisfaction with municipal service levels and provision. The information will be used to help departments chart a course for the future as new data is compiled each year for comparison purposes.
The survey was conducted over the phone in September by Discovery Research with a random sample of 401 Penticton residents. Findings include:
- 64 per cent of residents rate the overall quality of life in Penticton as excellent. 57 per cent of Penticton residents feel the quality of life in Penticton has not changed in the past three years.
- 34 per cent of residents feel their favourite thing about living in Penticton is the climate and weather.
- Most important issue facing Penticton was found to be "lack of jobs, poor economy." 41 per cent of residents felt the single most important issue facing the City of Penticton was the lack of jobs and poor economy. This was followed by affordable housing at 8 per cent.
- The service provided by City staff received excellent satisfaction rating, with 81 per cent of respondents rating the friendliness and professionalism of staff as excellent.
- The City is providing excellent service in the important areas of police services, fire service, water, sewer, parks and beaches and tourism. The City has room for improvement in the areas of economic development and snow and ice removal.
Given Penticton's population, a sample of 401 residents generates findings accurate within + or - 4.9 per cent at the 95 per cent confidence interval (19 times out of 20).
The full 2012 Citizen Survey report is available on the City of Penticton's website at www.penticton.ca.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2012