Summerland man facing charges of forcible confinement, sexual assault
February 01, 2018 - 4:20 PM
PENTICTON - A Summerland man faces several charges including forcible confinement and sexual assault following a weekend incident in Penticton.
Police spokesperson Cpl. Dan Moskaluk says in a media release a woman contacted police on Jan. 28, alleging she had been forced to stay in a private residence the previous evening where she was subject to assault, sexual assault and threats.
RCMP launched a search for the man and located the suspect a short time later in Osoyoos.
The man was arrested without incident.
Police determined the assault was not random and say the accused and victim knew each other, Moskaluk says.
Aaron Motz of Summerland is facing charges of forcible confinement, sexual assault, assault and uttering threats.
He has made an initial court appearance and remains in custody pending his next court date.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2018