Slushy weekend in store for Okanagan with rain, wet snow - InfoNews

Current Conditions

23.5°C

Slushy weekend in store for Okanagan with rain, wet snow

There's not much sun in the Okanagan forecast over the next few days, but temperatures should be warm enough for precipitation to fall mostly as rain.
January 23, 2020 - 12:00 PM

With temperatures expected to remain mostly above freezing over the next few days, Okanagan residents should see more rain than snow.

Environment Canada says to expect periods of rain mixed with snow to end late this afternoon, Jan. 23, under cloudy skies. The daytime high should reach 4 Celsius in Vernon and Kelowna, with a 40 per cent chance of showers late this evening and overnight while the temperature remains steady around 3 C.

Periods of rain and south winds at 30 km/h gusting to 50 are expected in Penticton today, along with a high of 6 C. More rain is forecast for tonight with the snow level rising from 1200 to 1900 metres late this evening in Penticton.

It should be mainly cloudy on Friday with a 40 per cent chance of showers in the morning and a high of 5 C. There is a 60 per cent chance of showers in Penticton on Friday with a high of 6 C expected. An overnight low of -1 C is expected along with cloudy periods.

A wet weekend is in store for the Okanagan with rain or snow expected Saturday and Sunday, along with a high of 2 C.

Saturday night should be cloudy with a low of 0 C while Sunday is expected to be cloudy with a low of -1 C.

Monday should see a 30 per cent chance of showers through the day and overnight with a high of 2 C and  low of 0 C.

Tuesday has a 30 per cent chance of showers into the overnight period, with a high of 4 C and a low of -1 C.

Wednesday is expected to be cloudy with a high of 3 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year in the Okanagan are highs of -1 C and lows of -8 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile