Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Okanagan | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

15.6°C

Penticton News

Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Okanagan

Image Credit: FILE PHOTO
June 14, 2021 - 10:21 AM

A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for the Okanagan valley today.

Environment Canada says a severe thunderstorm watch has been issued because conditions today, June 14, are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms possibly capable of producing wind gusts, hail and heavy rain in the North, Central and South Okanagan. The watch also extends to the Boundary, Kootenay and Cariboo regions.

Along with the risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon in the Okanagan today, there is a 70 per cent chance of showers, with a high of around 24 Celsius. The chance of showers or thunderstorms continues into the evening until about midnight, when the chance of rain drops to 30 per cent with an overnight low of 13 C.

For the latest on watches and other weather warnings, go to Environment Canada's website here.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2021
iNFOnews

  • Popular penticton News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile