Residents and cat safe after laundry room fire in Kelowna

KELOWNA – A fire in the laundry room of a multi-family building in Kelowna last night left two residents and their cat looking for a place to stay.

Fire crews were called to the home on Noble Court at about 6:30 p.m., Sept. 25, according to a media release from the Kelowna Fire Department.

“Fire damage to the unit was kept to the laundry room with light smoke damage throughout the unit,” Platoon Capt. Kelly Stephens says in the release.

The two residents and the cat made it out of the building unharmed and are in the care of Emergency Social Services.

Stephens says the cause of the fire was electrical.

To contact the reporter for this story, email Howard Alexander at halexander@infonews.ca. To contact the editor, email mjones@infonews.ca or call 250-718-2724.


letters-to-the-editor
CANNINGS: It’s time to expunge criminal records from cannabis prohibition
  OPINION Cannabis was legalized in Canada this October, but unfortunately the federal government didn’t include one important piece in that legislation:  expungement of the records of a half million Canadian

Top News