Penticton firefighters raise the bar for service - InfoNews.ca

Current Conditions

Mostly Cloudy
5.5°C

Penticton firefighters raise the bar for service

Penticton firefighters saved the day for a Penticton family after supper was ruined by a grease fire on Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
July 14, 2017 - 8:30 PM

PENTICTON - Penticton firefighters not only made sure the fire was out, but saved dinner for a Penticton family earlier this week.

Deputy fire chief Chris Forster says firefighters were called to a fire at a Wilson Avenue home around 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 12.

They arrived to find smoke pouring from an apartment with a woman and her children safely evacuated.

The woman had been cooking dinner when a grease fire erupted in a frying pan. The woman managed to cover the pan before evacuating, which put the fire out.

Firefighters then cleared the unit of smoke.

Realizing the family’s supper was ruined, they took their service to a whole new level by buying the family dinner.

“I was pretty proud of my crew here. Knowing that this was their dinner, they got together and pooled their resources to buy the family supper,” Forster said.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular penticton News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile