Osoyoos council meeting highlights
Image Credit: Shutterstock
January 18, 2017 - 10:55 AM
COMMITTEE OF WHOLE
Ministry of Education Rural School Engagement is requesting feedback from local government on the greatest challenges and barriers in rural education. A letter will be developed that will respond to the information that is being requested.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 1326, 2016 was adopted. This bylaw authorizes the Municipality to borrow to meet current expenditures and pay amounts to meet the municipalities taxing obligations.
Letter of Congratulations will be sent to Chief Clarence Louie for being appointed to the Order of Canada. A member of the Order of Canada is awarded to recognize those who make outstanding contributions at the local or regional level or in a specific field of activity.
· Councillor Campol attended School District #53 meeting.
· Councillor Campol congratulated the Osoyoos Coyotes and those who help organize, sponsor and volunteer with the organization.
· Councillor King congratulated all those who partook in the Festival of the Trees.
· Councillor King attended Destination Osoyoos Economic Development meeting.
· Councillor Rhodes wished everyone a Happy New Year.
· Mayor McKortoff thanked the Public Works department for their efforts with the snow removal.
· Mayor McKortoff thanked all Town Staff for all their hard work.
· Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Town’s Open Budget meeting on January 16th 2017 at 7:00
· Mayor McKortoff congratulated Mount Baldy for the inaugural first season.
Special Open Budget Meeting
Standing room only for this meeting.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
FYI contains information submitted from the public and is displayed exactly as it was received. Information is clearly attributed in bylines and not created by iNFOnews.ca staff. For more information, please contact the referring organization. If you have questions about FYI, or would like to submit information to FYI, please send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017