One person injured in Penticton house fire | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Current Conditions

Sunny
30.3°C

Penticton News

One person injured in Penticton house fire

Penticton firefighters were called to a kitchen fire on Duncan Place on Monday, Jan. 25, 2021.
Image Credit: SUBMITTED/Penticton Fire Department/Mike Biden
January 26, 2021 - 10:29 AM

Penticton firefighters put out a kitchen fire at a home on Duncan Place yesterday evening.

Penticton Fire Department deputy chief Rob Trupp says the department was called to a three alarm blaze around 7 p.m. yesterday, Jan. 26.

Trupp says the fire started in the kitchen as a result of a cooking incident and damaged nearby floors and cupboards, in addition to causing smoke damage throughout the house.

Emergency services looked after the occupants, who will be relocated until repairs to the home can be made.

One person suffered from smoke inhalation.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2021
iNFOnews

  • Popular kelowna News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile