Occupants able to return to residence after Osoyoos fire - InfoNews

Current Conditions

Clear
-3.7°C

Occupants able to return to residence after Osoyoos fire

FILE PHOTO - Osoyoos firefighters were called to a 100 Avenue address for a structure fire in a cabin last night, Nov.9, 2016.
November 10, 2016 - 2:56 PM

OSOYOOS - Occupants of a small cabin are back in their residence following a fire in Osoyoos yesterday.

Osoyoos Fire Department Fire Chief Rick Jones says the department responded to a call for a structure fire on 100 Avenue just after 10 p.m. last night, Nov. 9.

An improperly installed wood stove caught fire, causing some damage to the cabin floor.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly. The two occupants in the cabin were not injured.

"The building was constructed in sections and there was only damage to one section. The residents were able to return to the cabin later in the evening,” Jones said, adding in his opinion the chimney wasn’t installed correctly.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2016
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kelowna News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile