2 hurt when woman tries to smoke while using oxygen tank

WATERVILLE, Maine - Officials in Maine say a woman's oxygen mask caught fire while she was attempting to light a cigarette.

WLBZ-TV reports Waterville Fire and Rescue responded to the incident on Thanksgiving at about 2 p.m. The fire department says a man who was also in the home burned his hand while trying to put the fire out.

Officials say the man refused treatment and the woman was taken to an area hospital.

Fire department officials say they aren't aware of the status of the woman and declined to identify her.

Officials say people shouldn't smoke while using oxygen tanks, because it increases the risk of fire.

___

Information from: WLBZ-TV, http://www.wlbz2.com


don-thompson
THOMPSON: We aren't buying mattresses the way we used to
Mattress retailers - to steal a line from “The Godfather” - are “thinking about going to the mattresses already.” The sleep industry is big business in Canada…$1 Billion in annual sales…and growing. Whi

Top News