Man taken to hospital after explosion in Kelowna shed | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Kelowna News

Man taken to hospital after explosion in Kelowna shed


A man was taken to the hospital earlier this week after a bottle of butane exploded in a shed he was occupying.

Firefighters answered the call at 9:20 p.m., Oct. 27, according to a release from the Kelowna Fire Department.

The first officer to arrive to the 1300 block of Sylvania Crescent saw no smoke but found a small bottle of butane had exploded in a shed behind a residence.

A man who was in the shed during the explosion was sent to the hospital but his injuries were undetermined as he was taken by ambulance before fire crews arrived, according to the fire department.

READ MORE: Penticton home destroyed by explosion, fire built century ago to signal new age of prosperity

Two engines, a command vehicle and the RCMP responded.

No smoke or fire was observed and only minimal damage occurred to the shed's interior, according to the fire department.

Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check the shed and surrounding area and determined no action was required.

To contact a reporter for this story, email Dan Walton or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © iNFOnews, 2022

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile