Man escapes house fire | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source
Subscribe

Would you like to subscribe to our newsletter?

Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy  8.6°C

Man escapes house fire

Image Credit: (SOURCE: Kelowna Fire Department)

A Kelowna man and his dog are safe today thanks to a properly maintained smoke detector.

The man was awakened by the device around 3 a.m. and after smelling smoke had time to call 911 and the fire department before climbing out the bedroom window of his Dickson Ave. house. When fire crews arrived, they saw flames and smoke coming from a small window in the living room of the duplex and were able to contain it.

The fire was caused by clothing and window curtains above the gas fire place. Damages are estimated to be around $10,000.

The Kelowna Fire Department reminds residents to test smoke alarms regularly.

News from © iNFOnews, 2013
iNFOnews

  • Popular kamloops News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile