Look to the sky for clouds, rain and snow this week in the Okanagan - InfoNews.ca

Current Conditions

Mainly Sunny
10.4°C

Look to the sky for clouds, rain and snow this week in the Okanagan

Willow Beach in West Kelowna, Monday, March 6, 2017.
March 06, 2017 - 11:05 AM

OKANAGAN - We will have to wait a little longer to break out the patio furniture if the forecast for the Okanagan holds true this week.

Plan for flurries thanks to the freezing overnight temperatures this week, according to Environment Canada.

The forecast calls for a mix of sun and cloud today, March 6, in the Okanagan with a chance of flurries this afternoon and a high of 1 Celsius. The temperature will drop to about -5 C overnight.

There's a high likelihood of rain showers or flurries tomorrow, with a 60 per cent chance in the North and South Okanagan, and 40 percent in the South Okanagan. The chance of showers or flurries continues overnight with a low of -4 C 

Wednesday looks like it'll be dry, but cloudy, with the mercury climbing to about 4 C during the day and drop to -7 C overnight.

Thursday will be cloudy with a chance of showers and a high of 5 C. Overnight, the showers will change to flurries with the temperature falling to -3 C.

On Friday, expect another cloudy day with a chance of showers and a high of 5 C, and a chance of showrs of flurries overnight with a low of 0 C.

Normal temperatures for this time of year are highs of 7 C and lows of of -3 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Kim Anderson or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above. 

News from © InfoTel News Ltd, 2017
InfoTel News Ltd

  • Popular kamloops News
  • Comments
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile