Less rain, more sun in Kamloops 7-day forecast - InfoNews

Current Conditions

19.9°C

Less rain, more sun in Kamloops 7-day forecast

After a showery day today, Kamloops can expect less rain and more warmth in this week's forecast.
July 09, 2020 - 1:31 PM

An improving forecast brings hope the highly unsettled weather conditions Kamloops has faced so far this summer may soon be coming to an end.

Environment Canada’s forecast for the next seven days is only calling for showers today, July 9, and Sunday, with the prospect of mostly sunny skies and temperatures in the upper 20s Celsius for the rest of the period.

Saturday could even see a high of 30 C in Kamloops, but the latter half of the weekend is expected to be showery and cooler.

In central Canada there is no end in sight for a heat wave gripping Ontario, with temperatures throughout that province in the 30s over the last several days. A tornado watch was issued for Toronto and parts of southern Ontario yesterday afternoon, July 8 While no tornadoes were reported the city was hit with thunderstorms and torrential rain. According to The Weather Network, Toronto received more rain in 20 minutes than the entire month of June and early July, with 50.4 mm falling in about 20 minutes.

Today in Kamloops there is a 60 per cent chance of showers with winds becoming east at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 near noon before shifting northwest at 20, gusting to 40 late this afternoon. Today’s high should reach 21 C with a low overnight of 13 C along with a 40 per cent possibility of showers.

Friday should be mainly sunny with a high of 27 C. Winds are expected to be west at 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the afternoon.

Saturday’s forecast calls for sun and a high of 30 C, along with an overnight low of 14 C.

There is a 60 per cent chance of showers Sunday, with a high reaching 23 C and a low to 12 C.

A mix of sun and cloud is expected for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week, with highs of 26 C, 27 C and 29 C respectively. Overnight lows are expected at 13 C and 14 C Monday and Tuesday.

Normal temperatures at this time of year in Kamloops are highs of 28 C and lows of 14 C.


To contact a reporter for this story, email Steve Arstad or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to tips@infonews.ca and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.

We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won't censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.

News from © iNFOnews, 2020
iNFOnews

  • Popular vernon News
View Site in: Desktop | Mobile